Monday 26 December 2016

Lara Stone Graces The Edit December 2016 Photographed by Boo George

 “WE DIDN’T EVEN HAVE TRAFFIC LIGHTS where I grew up, Mierlo [in south Holland]. It’s about 10,000 people. It’s a great place to be a kid, quiet and safe. I was always running out the door to play outside. My mum was just like, ‘Be back when it’s dark.’ It was that kind of childhood. Not so great when you’re a teenager. Like, ‘Why are we living here? It’s so boring.’ I appreciate it now, when I go with my son [Alfred, 3, with ex-husband David Walliams]. I love going with him; all that freedom and peace.”
 “I WAS A DIFFICULT TEENAGER. I had lots of trouble with school, just general teenager troublemaking, but they kept threatening to expel me. I was a handful. So, in the end, when I was 16, my mum took me out of school and I moved to Paris.”

“I WAS SCOUTED WHEN I WAS 13 OR 14. We were on a big family holiday to Paris when I was spotted on the Métro by a lady who was the wife of an agent at Elite. It was the most confusing thing ever – I was definitely not attractive. I was a geeky teenager; awkward and thin and lanky and weird. And I had strange teeth. At school, they used to tease me: ‘As if you’re a model!’ They called me Skeleton. Being a model was the furthest thing from my mind, ever. I’m still not sure I’m entirely qualified.” Check out More











No comments

Post a Comment

© geeks fashion
Maira Gall